Monday, July 27, 2020

BUHARI NAMES TRAIN STATIONS AFTER TINUBU, OSIBAJO, FASHOLA AND OTHERS.

President Muhammadu Buhari has named train stations along the Lagos-Ibadan and the Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri corridors after “deserving Nigerians”, the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has said.

Presidency aide, Tolu Ogunlesi, revealed this on Monday in a tweet.

According to Ogunlesi, the Apapa station was named after Bola Ahmed Tinubu, while the Agege station was conferred on the Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola.

Other personalities conferred with train station names include Lateef Jakande (Agbado station), Vice President Yemi Osinbajo (Kajola station), and Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti (Papalanto station).’

EKITI STATE ATTORNEY-GENERAL TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-19.


The Commissioner for Justice and Attorney General of Ekiti State, Wale Fapohunda has tested positive for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

Fapohunda disclosed this on Sunday via Twitter.

The Commissioner also noted that he has gone into self-isolation and has delegated the duties of his office accordingly.

“The result of my second COVID-19 test came out positive today. In line with the established protocols, I have commenced a period of self-isolation.

“In my absence, all state legal matters should be referred to the Solicitor-General of the State,” the Commissioner said.

This comes a week after the state Governor, Kayode Fayemi, was infected by COVID-19.

BE RESULT ORIENTED - OGUNREMI ISRAEL

To every project or dream, there is a starting point as well the end or result. On what is your focus - the beginning, the process or the end? Every project must pass through these three stages;
1. Ideation Stage [beginning]
2. Process Stage [methodology]
3. Product Stage [result/endpoint]

Ideation begets Process, and the process begets Product!
Right from the ideation Stage, what your eyes should focus more on is the RESULT. The beginning of all things is always rough, but once the focus remains unshaken and eyes linger strongly on the result as well taking or following the right process, because not following due process will NEVER get you the actual/right result needed.

You passing through many things. Yes, everyone is passing through one or two. I have passed through some, I'm STILL passing through some and will STILL pass through many but eyes remain focused and heart resolute.
Let us look at a practical example. What I'm putting on in the picture attached to this post looks very GREAT on me, but never just became good and great but underwent several process before it came out good. The design [Ideation], the cutting, joining, sewing, stitching, and ironing [Process] and then FINALLY the ATTIRE [Result]. If the Tailor/Fashion designer has shifted his/her focus from the result a bit during the ideation or processes, this ATTIRE wouldn't have been wowed.
Yada! The same way about our dreams. We should remain steadfast. Hope should keep burning. We should keep striving. It may seem rough for the moment. The light might be dim for now, with hope alive, hard and smart work, consistence and persistence, we shall get the results as well structured and outlined.

Remember, "DO NOT WAIT [BE STAGNANT], DO NOT RUN [BE FASTER THAN SUPPOSED], KEEP MOVING."

HAPPY NEW WEEK TO YOU ALL!

Stay Safe and remain BLESSED. ❣️ &💡

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

EKITI STATE GOVERNOR, KAYODE FAYEMI TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19


Earlier this morning, the Ekiti State Governor took to his Social Media pages to inform the populace about his result.
He issued the statement at exactly 9:59 a.m. on his Twitter handle.

"I took my third Covid-19 test yesterday and it came back positive. I'm generally ok and I'm already self isolating at home and receiving the best of care from my medical team. I'm delegating critical tasks to my Deputy but will continue routine duty from home." JKF

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS MAY RESUME BEFORE OCTOBER - SIRIKA


The Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, on Tuesday, said international flights in and out of the country may resume before October.

Sirika revealed this in a tweet while dismissing reports the resumption date has been set.

International flights have been suspended in the country since March 23 in a bid to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

Domestic flights were also suspended but have since resumed in June as the country tries to roll back coronavirus-induced lockdowns.

“International Flight resumption date is not October,” Sirika said. “NAMA just issued a routine 90 day Notices to Airmen (NOTAM).

“In liaison with Health, Foreign Affairs & PTF COVID-19, we will announce the agreed date, regardless of the ban by Europe, UAE etc. May be earlier than October.”

NIGERIA'S SENATE CONFIRMS PROF. UMAR DANBATTA AS NCC’S BOSS FOR NEW 5-YEAR TERM

The Nigerian Senate has finally confirmed Prof. Umar Garba Danbatta has the Executive Vice Chairman (EVC) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for Second term of 5years at the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC). 

The announcement was read by President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan during Plenary on Tuesday after Sen. Oluremi Tinubu the Senate Committee Chairman on Communication represented by Senator Michael Opeyemi Bamidele (Ekiti Central) who presented the report of the Committee to the Red Chamber. 

Bamidele said Prof. Danbatta responded competently to the questions and answers asked and met the statutory requirements. He added that preliminary checks does not reveal any form of fraud or vices on Danbatta’s record.

“I hereby rise to present the report of the Senate Committee on Communication on the Screening of Prof. Umar Garba Danbatta for reappointment as the Executive Vice Chairman (EVC) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for Second term of 5years of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)
On Tuesday the 14th of July, the Senate considered the reappointment of Prof. Danbatta as EVC/CEO of NCC for a second term and referred to the Committee on Communication for Legislative action. The Committee carried out the Screening exercise and the nominee (Prof. Danbatta) responded competently to the questions asked.

The nominee met the statutory requirements which also validates his competency. Preliminary checks does not reveal any form of fraud, or vices on Danbatta’s record” Bamidele Said…

The motion was seconded by Senator Ibrahim Oloriegbe( Kwara Central) also a member of the Committee.

Also, Senator Barau Jibrin(Kano Central) while commending the Committee for a job well done said Prof. Danbatta has done well in the past 5years and has stood out in every criteria urging the Senate to allow him for a second term.

“I commend the Committee for a job well done. Prof. Danbatta has done well, has intergrity, experience and every criteria needed. I thereby urge other members of the red chamber to allow him go for a for second term. The Lawmaker appealed.

During the screening, Danbatta, who demonstrated his indept knowledge of the industry, extensively discussed his scorecard since he assumed office as the EVC of NCC on August 4, 2015, following which the Committee members applauded him for his sterling performance and exceptional leadership qualities which, they said had helped in accelerating the growth of the telecoms sector.

Friday, July 17, 2020

PRIVATE SCHOOLS WILL BENEFIT FROM MSMEs SUPPORT SCHEME – OSINBAJO


Private schools, hotels, road transport workers, creative industries, are the target beneficiaries of the MSMEs Support Scheme, this is according to the Vice-President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo. 

Prof. Osinbajo made this known while speaking at the 2020 edition of the MSMEs Awards which held virtually on Thursday.

He said the Federal Government as planned in the Economic Sustainability Plan is now set to implement a number of schemes to keep MSMEs afloat, as part of efforts to support small businesses in Nigeria to survive the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Osinbajo said the survival fund would help provide payroll support to MSMEs with a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 50 staff members.

Below is the Vice President’s full speech, as sent out by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande.

PRESIDENT BUHARI’S FINANCIAL SUPPORT FOR MSMES IN ESP VERY ROBUST – OSINBAJO

Survival Fund including payroll support for three months, guaranteed off-take scheme and many others

As part of efforts to support small businesses in Nigeria to survive the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Federal Government as planned in the Economic Sustainability Plan is now set to implement a number of schemes to keep MSMEs afloat, according to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN.

The Vice President stated this on Thursday at the 2020 edition of the Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) Awards which held via video conference.

According to Prof. Osinbajo “I am glad to note that this year has been an exception despite the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Locally, businesses are facing their most challenging time and the impact is particularly severe on MSMEs

“The central plank of our response as a government to the economic challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic has been the Economic Sustainability Plan recently approved by President Muhammadu Buhari and the Federal Executive Council.

“In that plan which essentially envisages an overall N2.3 trillion stimulus package, we made extensive provision for financial support to MSMEs, ranging from a guaranteed off-take scheme to a survival fund that includes a payroll support programme for qualifying businesses.

“The guaranteed off-take scheme seeks to provide support for MSMEs, manufacturing local products by guaranteeing the purchase from them of qualifying products such as face masks, hand sanitisers, PPE for medical workers, etc.

“These products will be distributed to Nigerians, Nigerian institutions and entities that would require them.

“The survival fund will help provide payroll support to MSMEs with a minimum of 10 and maximum of 50 staff. The MSMEs that qualify for these will make available their payroll for verification by government.

“Companies that meet the requirements will then be eligible to have the salaries of their verified staff paid directly from the fund for a period of three months.”

Continuing on the MSMEs support scheme, Prof. Osinbajo said: “the target beneficiaries of this scheme will include private schools, hotels, road transport workers, creative industries and others.

“The verification process will be very rigorous and painstaking.

“In addition we have a N200 billion fund which will be made available to MSMEs in the priority sectors such as healthcare, agro processing, creative industries, local oil and gas, aviation etc.

“This will be granted through a scheme jointly run by the Bank of Industry and Nigerian Export Import (NEXIM) Bank especially for export expansion.

“The CBN is also committed to creating a N100 billion target credit facility for MSMEs. Already the recently signed Finance Act already made provision for graduated company income tax rates with zero rates for small companies and a rate reduction for medium sized companies.”

The Vice President added that the Federal Government will continue to implement similar focused MSME interventions around the country.

“Kaduna state for example is working on a tomato paste production plant, Lagos is putting together a fashion hub, the FCT is equally set to launch a carpentry cluster while Anambra state is almost ready to commission its leather works cluster.

“All of these are scheduled for 2020.

“In 2021, Edo, Ekiti, Katsina, Ogun, Bauchi and Enugu States would commission shared facilities that will bring MSMEs together by cluster and provide shared equipment and resources and business support hub,” the Vice President added.

He commended the participants at the awards for their ingenuity in starting up and sustaining their businesses, urging those who were not shortlisted not to relent in what they are doing.

He specially commended all those who have started businesses in Nigeria, no matter how small, describing them as champions.

“Every person who has taken it upon themselves to start a business in Nigeria no matter how small is a champion and we as a government owe it to you to create an enabling environment for you to thrive.

“This is President Muhammadu Buhari’s commitment to MSMEs in Nigeria, that we will continue to stand by you and to support you and to create opportunities for you to grow and prosper,” the Vice President said.

Adejoke Lasisi of Planet 3R Limited won the MSME of the Year Award while Kaduna State was awarded the Best MSME Clinic Support State. The winners got cash and car prizes.

The event was attended by several State Governors and their representatives, the FCT Minister Mallam Muhammed Bello, the Industry, Trade and Investment Minister of State Ambassador Mariam Katagum and various heads of MDAS and captains of industry.

POLICE PARADES 3 SUSPECTS IN CONNECTION WITH AKINYELE LGA KILLINGS, OTHER CRIMINALS.


Oyo State Police Command has on Friday paraded three persons arrested in connection with the killing of five residents of Akinyele Local Government Area of Oyo State and other criminals.

Five persons were murdered in six attacks on residents of Akinyele LGA in June, 2020.

Among those who were killed were an 18-year old teenagerBarakat Belloa pregnant woman, Azeezat Shomuyiwa; 21-year-old student, Grace Oshiagwu, Olusayo Fagbemi and a five-year-old boy, identified as Mujeeb.

Another 45-year-old woman, Adeola Bamidele and her daughter, Dolapo Bamidele, were also attacked in a failed attempted murder in June.

Commissioner of Police, Mr. Joe Nwachukwu Enwonwu, while parading the suspects at a press briefing in Ibadan on Friday, gave the names of the suspects as Sunday Sodipe, Adedokun Yinusa and Shehu Usman.

Exhibits recovered from the suspects included one hand shovel, one techno mobile phone, one iPhone Xmax and one Itel Phone.

Enwonwu stated;

The assailants troubling the settled water at Akinyele local government area and some suspected criminal elements carrying out defilement of minors and teenagers in the state have been arrested and will be showcased here today.

On 4th June 2020 at about 2230hrs, unknown hoodlums who have been terrorizing members of the public in Akinyele, Ojoo and Moniya areas of Ibadan invaded the residence of one Azisat Shomuyiwa F, a 29-year-old pregnant woman at Ijefun, Adisa community, Ojoo Area Ibadan.

The CP added;

Meanwhile after a discreet investigation by a team of SARS operatives, one Shehu Usman was arrested in connection with the crime and one Techno mobile phone belonging to the slain woman was recovered from him. Upon interrogation, the suspect denied his involvement in the crime but gave useful information which subsequently led to the arrest of one notorious hoodlum who identified himself as Sunday Shodipe.

The suspect confessed to have single handedly masterminded the crime and explained in detail how he invaded the victim’s residence where she brutally attacked, robbed her before she was later murdered in cold blood.

Enwonwu also disclosed that the police has also arrested five persons in connection with armed robbery and one Indian hemp dealer.

The Police Commissioner while speaking further added that six other suspects were arrested in connection with defilements of some residents of the state.

He added that four people were arrested in connection with attempted murder of one Oluwasayo Fagbemi and her daughter.

POLICE ARREST SUSPECT IN BRUTAL KILLING OF TECH ENTREPRENEUR AND CEO FAHIM SALEH.


After initial reports that slain tech CEO Fahim Saleh had been the target of a professional hit on Tuesday, New York City police Friday arrested the entrepreneur’s 21-year-old personal assistant, who was expected to be charged with murder.

KEY FACTS

Saleh’s personal assistant, Tyrese Devon Haspil, 21, was arrested early Friday morning and is expected to be charged with second degree murder, among other crimes.

Detectives believe Haspil killed Saleh after realizing that the assistant had stolen tens of thousands of dollars from the CEO.

Instead of reporting Haspil to the authorities after discovering the theft, Saleh reportedly offered his assistant a type of repayment plan to return the money.

Investigators believe that Saleh was stabbed to death on Monday, after being immobilized with a taser.

Police believe the killer returned to Saleh’s apartment on Tuesday to dismember the body and cover up the murder, but he was interrupted and forced to flee when Saleh’s sister, who found the body, buzzed up to the apartment.

KEY BACKGROUND

Fahim Saleh, 33, was a tech entrepreneur and CEO of ride sharing apps in Bangladesh and Nigeria. Gokada, a motorcycle ride-hailing app based in Lagos, Nigeria and co-founded by Saleh, reportedly raised $5.3M in venture capital in 2019. 


Culled from Forbes News.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Ex-NIMASA ED, AGBA GETS SEVEN-YEAR JAIL TERM, FOR LAUNDERING N1.5BN


The Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has sentenced a former Executive Director of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Captain Ezekiel Bala Agaba, to seven years in prison for laundering the sum of N1.5 billion.

Justice Ibrahim Buba handed down the sentence on Wednesday, after convicting the former NIMASA ED.

In 2015, the EFCC had alleged that the convict while serving as the ED in charge of Maritime, Safety and Shipping, fraudulently conspired with the then-Director General, Patrick Akpobolokemi, to obtain the huge sum by false pretence from the Federal Government after which it was fraudulently converted.

Details later.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

COVID-19 UPDATE: OSUN DISCHARGED 11, RECORDS 17 NEW CASES.


The Government of the State of Osun has discharged 11 patients who have tested negative from its Treatment and Isolation Centre.
This was disclosed by the Commissioner for Health,  Dr. Rafiu Isamotu on Monday.
This is even as he confirmed the discovery of 17 new cases in the State, saying they were contacts from previous cases.

The Commissioner appealed to citizens and residents of the State to always observe all the precautionary measures laid down by the State against the spread of the virus.

He also revealed that with the latest development, the number of confirmed cases in the State, as at July 13, is 263 with 135 active cases, adding that the State has successfully treated and discharged 121 patients, while seven deaths have so far been recorded.

IFEANYI, WIFE AND DAUGHTER TESTED NEGATIVE FOR COVID-19.


Delta State Governor, Senator Dr Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa, Wife and daughter tested negative for COVID-19.
The Governor took to his social media platforms to inform the populace about the development concerning the novel virus which the family is battling with.

"My wife, my daughter and I have tested negative for COVID 19, along with other members of the family. We give God all praise and wish to appreciate all who have interceded for us in prayers. I appeal to all residing in Delta to obey all instructions/ regulations in our collective fight to stop the transmission of the virus. God bless you all".
Senator, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

GOVERNOR OKOWA, WIFE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19.


Not fewer than five days after Governor Arthur Okowa's daughter tested positive for COVID-19, his wife and him received the results of their tests to be positive.
He took to his Twitter handle this morning, to inform the populace of Delta State about the outcome of their results.

"My wife and I have tested positive for COVID-19. We are well and continuing with our isolation/medication. We thank you all for your continued prayers for us and our daughter."